Wednesday, August 19, 2009

590 MIGHTY MEMORY #537

PHOTO INDEX: SCENE FROM POCONO DRAG LODGE REUNION LAST WEEKEND. SEE 590 MIGHTY MEMORY #538.

DRAG LODGE REUNION A HIT

This past weekend’s Drag Lodge Reunion was a big hit. So much so that the organizers are planning next year’s event. Here’s an e mail from reunion coordinator Charlie Hunsinger on plans and needs for 2010.
Hi Everyone-

As I wade thru all of the positive feedback I'm getting on the reunion, I guess its just sinking in the enormity of the event. I'm astonished and dumbfounded and really shouldn't be. Sherri and had very little trash pickup. Everyone used their head in parking the cars. I'm not surprised by any of this because the greatest people in the world believed in this project and supported it by helping and attending!!! Sure, we made a few mistakes but everyone rolled with the punches and made the best of it. As I was out on meadow run road helping my traffic guys with the traffic, even the locals were cool about the traffic jam!! I was working with the traffic guys getting the locals thru, and I apologized for the delays,and they were cool about it. The cameraderie, friendliness and all around great folks made this an event to remember. Joe perugino has agreed to let us have another event next year. Here are a few things I need to ponder and will ask your help with: * cutoff date on the cars at 1972??? * need speakers at both ends of the track * need to spread out the porta potties * tent for people to display memorabilia * wristbands for admission?? * ban or tighten up easyups on the track to free up more space * no trailers in display area unless the show car stays on the trailer and anything else. How bout a WARM mighty 590 reunion at the next pdl event?? Joey Shaver loves the idea!! Any other ideas, criticism, send to me and we will make it even better next year!! Your folks are the best..we got somethin' really cool going here.
Thanks again,
Charlie

No comments: