Friday, September 14, 2018

590 MIGHTY MEMORY #122

BILL KELLY'S MARCH OF DIMES WALK

WARM's Bill Kelly, later to become the most consequential GM in the history of Public TV in this region, was front and center when he embarked on a WARMland "hike" to help the March of Dimes. Here's an article on the effort, it's progress  and its culmination.  
A side note here. During The Blizzard of '78, I was working at WVIA FM and TV. I think I worked from Sunday night until Wednesday afternoon.  Bill Kelly was then second in command to George Strimel and gave me a ride home after staffers were able to make it in.  As we drove through the Pittston Junction area, Kelly remarked, "I remember this area well from my walk". 
To this day, years after that foray, people remember that walk, his yellow outdoor gear and the good he accomplished that day for The March of Dimes and The Mighty 590!



No comments: